RIA Monday February 21st, 2022

To say when you will be at the field
wildblue30

RIA Monday February 21st, 2022

Post by wildblue30 »

Today I made my first trip out to the field in nearly two months. Weeks of high winds, very cold temperatures, snowfalls and an ice storm left January and much of February with few opportunties to get out and fly. A couple of brief sessions at the local parks were all I had to give me my RC flying fix.

Actually, I made two separate trips to the field today. The first visit was a scouting trip around noon to assess the field conditions. I brought only my Bugs 3 drone and a snow shovel. Later in the afternoon I returned for a proper old fashioned flying session with two planes and two helicopters. The temperature got as high as 10 degrees with variable winds and sunny skies.

All in all it was a good way to start 2022 and well worth the travel time to the field. A link to the video footage from my drone flight is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91MmwbSV9us
mlatter
Site Admin

Re: RIA Monday February 21st, 2022

Post by mlatter »

Cool video. Looks like the runway is nice and clear, but 10cm coming Friday again.
Very cold winter so far.
Glad to see someone is flying!
wildblue30

Re: RIA Monday February 21st, 2022

Post by wildblue30 »

Hi Murray,

Indeed the runway was clear and good for many touch and go landings today. And there was plenty of grassy area to fly my Tundra from as well. I just noticed the snow forecast for Friday. I guess I will be bringing my EDF belly lander on my next visit.

Cheers,
Jeff